Always casts newcomers and believes in giving them a shot at entering movies. Says he remembers the time when he was a new comer, and tries to take time off to help them with their troubles.
Was arrested and jailed after allegedly shooting a rare black antelope in Jodhpur in 1998 and slapped with a case for poaching endangered wild
Had a two year long rather well publicised affair with Aishwarya Rai that ended bitterly. The two were dating while shooting for the 1999 movie Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam after which they had a violent and nasty falling out.
Owns a charitable trust named Being Human, and has recently opened flagship stores selling clothings and accecsories, the proceeds of which he claims go toward running his NGO by the same name that is heavily involved in helping the poor.
Is a known health freak and is often known among his fans for his shirtless scenes and his muscular physique. He also advocates body building and has helped turn on several people in Bollywood onto fitness.
Is known as the original troublemaker in Bollywood owing to his much publicised trysts with the law, and due to some well known feuds including the one with Vivek Oberoi, Shahrukh Khan among others.
Is well known for falling out with fellow star Shahrukh Khan, and the two reportedly can't stand each other and avoid being seen at public places together.
“Dosti ki hai..Nibhaani to Padegi”
“Ek Bar Jo Maine Commitment Kardi Us K Bad Mein Khud Ki Bhi Nahen Sunta...”
“Friendship mein no sorry, no thank you”
“For me acting, comes straight from the heart. In that sense I don`t act at all. I think that to feel the character`s pain I have to be myself. Somewhere audiences see that.”
“The only person I have hurt is myself.”
“In life go straight and turn right.”
“Hang me if I’m guilty.”
“Don’t need to tweet your fears, have already tweeted how to go throug your fears. TELL ME what makes u happy?”
“I follow 95% of agreements of all religion and discard the remaining 5% disagreement of religions.”
“Dad’s pathan, Mom’s rajput, 2nd mom’s christian, in school they asked me what religion: dad said ‘Human’.”
“Turn your nightmares into your dreams , some dreams don’t turn out the way you want them to , then wake up and turn and turn it around in your favour.”
1990 - Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut for Maine Pyar Kiya
1999 - Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor for Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
2011 - Screen Award for Best Actor for Dabangg
2013 - Zee Cine Award for Best Actor - Male for Dabangg 2