One of the starriest shows on small screen, is Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’s seventh season lackluster?
With known faces from Bollywood like Madhuri Dixit Nene, Karan Johar and Remo D’Souza as the face of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 7, the show still failed to climb up the top 10 show chart last week. Even foreign import Maksim Chmerkovskiy‘s presence or controversies didn’t contribute to grabbing eyeballs failed to make it to the top ten list. Here’s a look at which shows beat JDJ 7 to make it to this list…
Kapil Sharma’s hit show, Comedy Nights with Kapil is the only show from the weekends that manages to find a place in top 10 list at number eight position with a jump in TRP from 2.6 to 2.8. The other non-fictional show that makes it to this list is the starry IIFA (International Indian Film Academy Awards) 2014, which managed to grab eyeballs and stood at five with 3.1 rating. Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 7 ratings suffered with a huge fall from 2.7 to 2.
Here’s a look at the Top 10 shows this week that left behind the glamourous dancing with the stars show…
1. Diya Aur Baati Hum, despite a drop in numbers from 4.4 to 4.2 stood first
2. Saath Nibhaana Saathiya, scored better number two spot – from 3.2 last week to 3.9 ratings this week
3. Jodha Akbar, steady at number three with 3.6 ratings
4. Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah has progressed on fourth position with a decent jump from 2.9 to 3.3
5. IIFA (International Indian Film Academy Awards) 2014 – 3.1 rating
6. Mahabharat dropped in ratings from 3.1 to 3
7. Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai – 2.9 points
8. Comedy Nights with Kapil saw a jump in TRP from 2.6 to 2.8
9. Yeh Hai Mohabbatein ratings dropped from 3 to 2.7
10. Pyaar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha Pyaara Pyaara got 2.4 ratings
The Gross Rating Points this week suggests that Star Plus continues to lead the race with 312 points while Zee TV takes the second place with 189(178). Colors retains the number three slot, which it had lost to Life Ok at 166(173) for some time now. However, Star Plus sister concern too isn’t far behind at 157(151). Sony continues lag behind at 141(142) and SAB TV follows at 132(136). Star Plus holds si of the top ten slots.