The newest boy from the Kapoor lineage has made his Bollywood debut
Armaan Jain has made his Bollywood debut with Arif Ali’s directorial debut Lekar Hum Deewana Dil opposite Deeksha Seth. Before the film hit the theatres, Kareena Kapoor, Karisma Kapoor and Ranbir Kapoor were found promoting this young lad. So a lot of people started wondering about the connection, et al. So here’s everything that you want to know about Armaan Jain.
– Born to Reema Jain and Manoj Jain, Armaan Jain is the grandson of late Raj Kapoor.
– Armaan started his career as an assistant director for the film My Name Is Khan (2010).
– He also assisted for Student of the Year and Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu.
– He made his acting debut alongside Deeksha Seth in Lekar Hum Deewana Dil. There were reports that Armaan was nervous working with her, because, though LHDD is Deeksha’s Bollywood debut, she has acted in over 5 films down South.
– Though Armaan began his career as an assistant director, he always wanted to act. He was quoted, “The reason I started out as an assistant director, however funny it may sound, is because I had a non-filmi childhood! I had never been to shoots, screenings or premieres. I had no idea how films were shot. I just knew I want to act and entertain people. When I was a 16-17-year-old, I wanted to be an actor. My father is an investment banker, so initially I went to England to do a business course but after a year-and-a-half realised that I was wasting my time and his (father’s) money. I would rather try and understand the craft (acting), which I wanted to pursue, so I came back.”
– Though Karisma and Kareena helped promoting Armaan’s film, the newbie claims to be the closest to Nitasha Nanda, who is his first cousin on his maternal side.
– On being asked about one habit of his that no one knows, Armaan replied, “I don’t wear underwear when I sleep.”
Well, that’s all about Armaan Jain for now. We are sure we will come back with more, when the newbie comes back with more film offers in his kitty. On a parting note, we’d like to tell you that Armaan took some tips for his Hindi diction from none other than Amitabh Bachchan!