Post marriage, Rani is back in a hard and gritty story on child trafficking
– We loved how intense the whole look of the film is. Director Pradeep Sarkar has made sure that the feel is dark and edgy given the nature of the subject
– Rani’s look and character of Shivani Shivaji Roy is perfectly styled. She’s ditched the cop uniform and taken on a more believable avatar. Her tucked in shirts, tied back hair does full justice to her role.
– Thankfully the first look doesn’t have any song and avoids the over dramatics keeping the flow real. The casting is terrific and there is already curiosity about who is the bad guy in the film.
– Rani’s posturing, body language, walk is apt for the role. She seems to have done some research for the character that paid off in the first look.
– We love Rani’s last scene where she slaps a guy and takes his case! Even though the role bears some resemblance to her act in No One Killed Jessica, Mardaani looks like the perfect comeback vehicle for this talented actor!