Sanjay Dutt’s parole extension irks Nana Patekar

Fri, February 28, 2014 6:27pm UTC by Add first Comment
Sanjay Dutt’s parole extension irks Nana Patekar

The versatile actor has never acted with Sanju baba in 22 years and promises to boycott all his future films

Notwithstanding the support of Bollywood bigwigs to Sanjay Dutt, Nana Patekar slammed the extension of parole to the jailed actor, saying he would never work with the convicted star.

The 63-year-old actor said the least he can do is boycott the films that Dutt stars in. “I have not worked with him in 22 years of my career, I will not work with him in future too,” said the actor.

Government will do whatever they want. They are saying that it is legal, you can’t say anything about it. But I will do whatever is in my hands,” he added. Dutt, 54, was convicted by the Supreme Court for illegal possession of arms in connection with the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case and was sentenced to six years of imprisonment.

He had earlier served 18 months of jail and had surrendered himself before a Mumbai court on May 18, 2013 to serve the remaining period of his imprisonment. “You will watch his films and make him a hero and later you say he shouldn’t get parole. Things don’t work like that. What can I do? Who will listen to me? People think he is only an actor. I am also a common man but who will consider that,” Patekar said.

Patekar had spoken out against Dutt even at the time of his sentencing, saying he should not be given a favourable treatment for being an actor. Dutt has drawn flak for getting parole of almost 100 days during his current jail term.Subscribe to me on YouTube


Next ARTICLE
ALL NEWS