The actress was quite candid as she revealed a lot of facts about her character and the shoot!
After Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone revealed her look as Mastani in a grand way. When I say grand, I mean in a 30 foot grand way!
Yup, Deepika Padukone revealed a 30-foot poster of her Mastani look, and has been quite candid about her role and the difficulties she had while shooting for the film. She was also looking very pretty in white, but while her onscreen avatar was totally regal!
Here are some of the confessions Deepika had to say about the film and her role.
1. She is very excited about the film as it is one of the very opportunities that comes in an actor's life, which is presented in such a large scale!
2. For her, Mastani embodies today's woman, as she is multi-tasker, an amazing lover, nurturer, daughter, dancer and warrior. She felt whatever she went through in the film as a woman is remarkable!
3. She also revealed that the 30 foot poster epitomises the grandeur and elan of this film.
4. As per Deepika, one of the most iconic scenes in the film is when she as Mastani and Ranveer Singh as Bajirao go into battle!
5. She said that Bajirao Mastani was SLB's dream for 15 years. She also said that Ranveer Singh and Sanjay Leela Bhansali are still shooting for the film and is wrapping up the last scene. She felt this was an emotional moment for the entire team.
6. On the war sequences, she felt it was physically drain to even shoot for the sam, so she had no clue how the real Mastani went to fight so many battles.
7. She also revealed that the poster was clicked at a point when Mastani was disowned by her family, and she was going through a lot.
8. The beauty of Mastani was explained to the fact that she has the strength of warrior but fragility of a lover, and there is a Mastani in every woman.
9. She had to really get in to the skin of the character and isolate herself to prepare for the role. it was so difficult for her that she may not do a period film again.
10. When she had to perform kathak moves under the supervision of famed Birju Maharaj for the song More rang do Lal, she had almost given up she felt she could not perform up to Birju Maharaj and SLB's expectations.
You can view the images taken at the venue as well.
Stay tuned to BollywoodLife for the latest scoops and updates from Bollywood, Hollywood, South, TV and Web-Series.
Click to join us on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram. Also follow us on Facebook Messenger for latest updates.