Can we sense some vestigial feelings there?
Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone’s short-lived romance is now a part of Bollywood folklore, but unlike a few other broken up ex-couples, they have never let their history come in the way of their working assignments.
Indeed, one of their best films together, which was also one of their biggest hits, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, came after they broke up. Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone are now rumoured to be dating Katrina Kaif and Ranveer Singh, but that doesn’t prevent them sharing a warm bond on and off screen. While we saw more than glimpses of the same in the trailer, we also managed to see them between the two stars during the trailer launch.
Here are five quotes from Ranbir and Deepika that evokes a sense of deja vu.
1. Ranbir Kapoor: My chemistry with Deepika is very good. It also depends on the film and the film’s success. I am happy that people have liked our pairing!
Here’s the actor admitting that what he shared with his ex was a good thing. But he also put in a disclaimer in there, that it also depends on the film and its success.
2. Ranbir Kapoor: I would like to relive the success of Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani with Deepika.
To which, Deepika replies: I have to agree but I would like to relive the Tamasha experience too!
Sure, YJHD was one of Ranbir’s biggest hits, and it came via his pairing with Deepika. But Deepika has more than box office success in mind, when she said she wants to relive the yet unreleased Tamasha experience. That means they both did have a great time shooting together!
3. Ranbir Kapoor: It’s not fair to label someone as a lucky charm. She (Deepika) has achieved a lot and I hope her luck rubs off on me than my on hers!
Complimenting his currently far more successful co-star, is truly a sign of maturity! Ranbir, we admire you for that!
4. Deepika Padukone: He has everything. I would give him blessings on his birthday!
Though Ranbir and Imtiaz Ali, joked on the above statement later, that he would prefer cash or cheque as gift, it’s a proof that Deepika has nothing but good wishes for her ex, even after a tumultuous past!
5. Ranbir Kapoor: Deepika has grown a lot over the years, we haven’t worked for a long and I enjoyed Tamasha!
That’s actually a summary of what he had spoken about her previously!
Agree with our feature? Do share your views...
Stay tuned to BollywoodLife for the latest scoops and updates from Bollywood, Hollywood, South, TV and Web-Series.
Click to join us on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram. Also follow us on Facebook Messenger for latest updates.