The actor has come back to his Bandra residence after having spent only a few hours at the Yerwada jail but his furlough extension hasn't been granted officially!
We just told you that Sanjay Dutt is back home after spending only a few hours at Yerawada jail because his furlough has been extended. But reports now suggest that the court hasn't granted an extension to his plea and his return is based on the fact that he heard Home Minister of State, Ram Shinde, say on television news channels that Dutt need not surrender as his application for extension of furlough was still pending.
So technically, Dutt's request for furlough extension is still under process but the PK actor has taken the liberty to leave the Yerwada jail premises for the comfort of his Bandra residence.
Not long ago, the Bombay High court was questioning Dutt's repeated requests for parole extensions. "The state should exercise its discretionary powers properly and should not discriminate. The state government would not have shown this diligence in cases where convict is a common man." said the Bombay High court harshly condemning the state authorities' decision to grant parole extension to Dutt who was convicted for illegal possession of arms in connection with the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts.
The star has been granted parole thrice within the first year of his six-year long imprisonment and now the "extension" of his furlough has come under the scanner. Jail authorities say that the actor has been out of prison for 40 percent of the time and that he is taking undue advantage of his star status to avoid proper punishment. Although Dutt requested for an extension on the grounds of illness, during his 14-day long furlough he attended press screenings and parties.
A celebrated lawyer YP Singh condemned the authorities for not being strict with Dutt, "lawyer Y P Singh told a tabloid, “If no decision was taken regarding extension of furlough till the deadline of surrender which was today (January 8) Dutt should have been in jail and the extension application considered as cancelled. But, because this is Dutt, everything is taken for granted,” he said.
The police has given Sanjay Dutt special treatment so far because he is a celebrity. But now with the court putting the police in a spot, it is likely that the privileges given to the actor will be revoked.
Do you have any thoughts on the entire issue? Leave your comments below!
Stay tuned to BollywoodLife for the latest scoops and updates from Bollywood, Hollywood, South, TV and Web-Series.
Click to join us on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram. Also follow us on Facebook Messenger for latest updates.