In a shocking turn of events, Sridevi passed away after suffering from cardiac arrest in Dubai, where she was attending Mohit Marwah's wedding. The entire industry and fans are shocked and mourning the actress' sudden demise. It was totally unexpected and some of us are still working on believing what we've found out early in the morning. Boney Kapoor, Janhvi and Khushi are in Dubai getting all the legal formalities sorted so they can get the body back home.
Sridevi was the first woman to earn the superstar title. She has given us some of the best films and songs, having entertained us ever since she was four years old. The audience was looking forward to her upcoming films so much, they're still not prepared to digest this news. (ALSO READ: [Video] When Sridevi was asked do you take injections to stay young...)
Here are some lesser known facts about the actress you might not know.
1. Sridevi was named Shree Amma Yanger Ayyappan upon birth.
2. She is the first actress to have earned the title of Superstar.
3. Sridevi was down with 103 degrees fever while shooting for Chaalbaaz's song, Na Jaane Kaha Se Aayi Hai.
4. The actress was the original choice to star opposite Anil Kapoor in Beta. But she declined the offer since she had already done a lot of films with the actor.
5. Steven Spielberg wanted to cast her for a brief role in Jurassic Park but she refused since she was at the peak of her career.
6. She named her daughters Janhvi and Khushi after the names of the heroines in husband Boney Kapoor's films, Judaai and Hamara Dil Aapke Pass Hai.
7. Sridevi did playback singing for Sadma, Chandni, Garajna and Kshana Kshanam.
8. Sridevi and Jaya Prada were such fierce competitors they never shared a cordial relationship with each other. During the shoot of Maqsad, Rajesh Khanna and Jeetendra locked the two ladies in a room hoping that they'd end their feud. But when they unlocked the door after a while, the two women were sitting in two corners of the room, quietly, minding their own business.
9. Sridevi actually spelled her name as Sreedevi but she never really corrected her spelling when the film credits rolled.
10. Rekha dubbed for Sridevi in Aakhree Raasta since the South Indian actress found it difficult to speak proper Hindi.
11. She played Rajinikanth's step mother onscreen when she was just 13 years old in the film Moondru Mudichu.
12. Sridevi has acted with all the biggies down South like MGR, Sivaji Ganesan, NTR, Nageshwara Rao and so on. She has, of course, also acted with all the top Bollywood stars.
13. She made her debut in movies when she was four years old with a mythological film, Thunaivan where she played Lord Murugan.
14. She has done a total of 300 films.
15. She would have completed 50 years in the industry this year.
Stay tuned to BollywoodLife for the latest scoops and updates from Bollywood, Hollywood, South, TV and Web-Series.
Click to join us on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram. Also follow us on Facebook Messenger for latest updates.