While he is not a bad actor by any means, there's no denying the fact that Abhishek Bachchan has always been looked down upon for his film choices. It also wouldn't be wrong to say that AB has been a victim of an unfair comparison that was always drawn against his megastar father Amitabh Bachchan and superstar wife Aishwarya Rai Bachchan. People not only burdened him with carrying forward his family's legacy but also constantly reminded him of his failures.
But Junior Bachchan has handled every criticism with grace and risen like a phoenix from the ashes of his shattered dreams. He left many mouths shut by giving a stellar performance in his recent web series Breathe: Into the Shadows, which was followed by a matured role in Anurag Basu's dark comedy anthology, Ludo. He will be next seen in The Big Bull and Bob Biswas.
In his career spanning over 20 years, Abhishek has seen many ups and downs. But he is ready to shine like a diamond on the celluloid with his new-found stardom. And while the Junior Bachchan is celebrating his 45th birthday with his family members, let's take a look at 10 interesting facts about AB that we bet you didn't know.
1. His most awaited Bollywood debut film Refugee opposite debutante Kareena Kapoor was deemed as a commercial flop. However, many might know that it was the 5th highest grossing film of 2000.
2. Priyanka Chopra is also known as Piggy Chops. And it was Abhishek who gave her the nickname.
3. Abhishek Bachchan has his name as 'Baba Bachchan' in his birth certificate.
4. He was a dyslexic as a child.
5. He has a habit of collecting boarding passes while travelling to places.
6. Before foraying into Bollywood, he had tried his hands at being an LIC agent.
7. He has rapped with American rapper, singer, songwriter Nelly in the song Until The Sun Comes Up for a good cause.
8. Amitabh Bachchan's iconic freestyle dance in Khaike Pan Benares Wala from Don was inspired from Abhishek's impromptu fun dance at home.
9. He has proposed Aishwarya with the same ring which was used while shooting for Guru.
10. He got his ear pierced alongside Aaradhya to experience the pain his daughter went through.
Stay tuned to BollywoodLife for the latest scoops and updates from Bollywood, Hollywood, South, TV and Web-Series.
Click to join us on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram. Also follow us on Facebook Messenger for latest updates.