The film was chosen to represent India but its already out of the Oscar race
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences has announced a list of nine films that will advance to the next round of voting in the Foreign Language Film category and Indian director Gyan Correa’s film The Good Road, is out of the race. The Gujarati film was chosen to represent the country in the category at the coveted awards event this year.
Out of the nine, five will be shortlisted for the finale. The 86th Academy Awards nominations will be announced January 16, 2014, according to the statement on the official Oscar website.
The nine films nominated in the Foreign Language Film category are:
1. The Broken Circle Breakdown (Belgium,) - Director: Felix van Groeningen
2. An Episode in the Life of an Iron Picker (Bosnia and Herzegovina) - Director: Danis Tanovic, director
3. The Missing Picture (Cambodia) - Director: Rithy Panh, director;
4. The Hunt (Denmark) - Director: Thomas Vinterberg
5. Two Lives (Germany) - Director: Georg Maas
6. The Grandmaster (Hong Kong) - Director: Wong Kar-wai
7. The Notebook (Hungary) - Director: Janos Szasz
8. The Great Beauty (Italy) - Director: Paolo Sorrentino
9. Omar (Palestine) - Director: Hany Abu-Assad
Stay tuned to BollywoodLife for the latest scoops and updates from Bollywood, Hollywood, South, TV and Web-Series.
Click to join us on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram. Also follow us on Facebook Messenger for latest updates.