Rubina Dilaik, who celebrates her birthday on 26th August, is easily one of the most sought after and popular names in the world of television. Ever since she first appeared on the small screen in Chhoti Bahu, her portrayal of coy and innocent characters have earned her a secure place in the hearts of millions of her admirers across the globe. But behind that gorgeous face and all the beauty lies a girl we have rarely known. Despite the fame and recognition her way, Rubina always has maintained a distance from the flashes when not shooting for her shows. The mystery around the Punar Vivaah – Ek Nayi Umeed star only piques our interest to dig out all that we can, about her!
So here you go! Presenting: 13 interesting but lesser known facts about the 29-year-old Rubina Dilaik.
1. Rubina was born on August 31, 1987, in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.
2. During her schooling days, Rubina was a national level champion in debate.
3. A successful actress today, Rubina wanted to be an astronaut in her growing years.
4. In 2006, Rubina won the Miss Shimla title.
5. The master of many trades is also an interior designer by profession.
6. While Rubina flaunts a bod that would turn much green with envy, she likes red velvet cheesecake.
7. Self-admittedly, she fears lizards.
8. Her favourite actor from Bollywood Amitabh Bachchan and Leonardo DiCaprio from Hollywood. Madhuri Dixit Nene is her favourite actress.
9. The actress’ favourite films are Titanic, Hum Aapke Hai Kaun.
10. It is Rubina’s dream to settle down in France.
11. Tom and Jerry is her favourite cartoon series.
12. She loves neon colours and has a thing for trendy hairstyles.
13. In 2015, Rubina was conferred upon with the coveted Dadasaheb Phalke Award for Best Actress.
Earlier this year, Rubina got hitched to the love of her life, actor Abhinav Shukla in a dreamy ceremony.
We wish the actress a blissful birthday.
Stay tuned to BollywoodLife for the latest scoops and updates from Bollywood, Hollywood, South, TV and Web-Series.
Click to join us on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram. Also follow us on Facebook Messenger for latest updates.