TV actor Namish Taneja got electrocuted on the sets of his TV show Vidya, where he plays a character named Vivek. Taneja was hospitalised after the severe electric shock. For the unversed, Namish was shooting for a sequence in the show wherein he was being administered cardioversion — a medical procedure. However, the technicians forgot to switch off the machine, resulting in Namish suffering a massive electric shock. The actor is now out of hospital and in an interview with Bombay Times, opened up about the scary event.
"It happened while we were shooting in Vasai on Sunday (November 24). I was rushed to a nearby hospital, where I was admitted for about 10 hours. Later, I was shifted to another hospital. I am still in shock because I could have died," Namish told the daily. Soon after being discharged from the hospital, the actor returned to shoot on Tuesday. The paper also reported that Namish has lodged a complaint at the Vasai police station regarding the accident.
While speaking about the complaint, Namish added, "The hospital staff called the police, and I was left with no option but to register an NC citing negligence by the technicians. However, I have told them that my priority, as of now, is to recover and I don’t want to file any official complaint."
Talking about his return to the TV set, Namish added, "I am under observation, but I am recovering. I shot for about five hours on Tuesday, and as advised by doctors, I am planning to rest for the next 2-3 days. Hopefully, I will resume the shoot full-time from Saturday (November 30)."
Stay tuned to BollywoodLife for more news and updates.
Stay tuned to BollywoodLife for the latest scoops and updates from Bollywood, Hollywood, South, TV and Web-Series.
Click to join us on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram. Also follow us on Facebook Messenger for latest updates.