Drashti Dhami is a known face in Indian television. The actress has been a part of TV shows like Dill Mill Gayye, Geet - Hui Sabse Parayi, Madhubala- Ek Ishq Ek Junoon, Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka among many others. While we know a lot of things about her professional, a little less is known about personal life to many. So, spin the wheel and here we give you a lowdown on 15 lesser-known facts about Drashti, the pixie who is always busy spreading magic dust with her acting finesse.
1. Born on January 10, 1985, Drashti hails from a conservative Gujarati family in Mumbai. She is extremely close to her mother and considers her idol. Drashti completed her schooling at Mary Immaculate Girl’s High School in Borivali and holds a degree in Sociology from Mithibai College, Mumbai.
2. While acting happened by fate, Drashti worked as a dance instructor before she entered the small screen industry.
4. The 34-year-old started her career in the media and entertainment world as a print and television model.
5. Remember the curly-haired girl in the music video Saiyan Dil Mein Aana Re? Guess what, that’s our very own Drashti Dhami! The single also featured former Miss India and Bollywood actress Tanushree Dutta. Drashti followed it up with appearances in Humko Aaj Kal Hai, Teri Meri Nazar Ki Dori, and a Punjabi music video Nachle Soniyo Tu.
6. Renowned telly town starlet Suhasi Dhami, who appears in Zee TV show Aapke Aa Jane Se as Vedika Mathur, Suhasi Dhami is Drashti’s sister-in-law.
7. Hair not everyone can tame and a sculpted bod to flaunt, but would you believe if we tell you Drashti cannot keep away from chocolates? In fact, she carries a bar in her bag every day without fail!
8. The true blue desi diva likes to let her skin breathe free off camera and opts for a no-makeup look and casual dressing. However, she is very choosy when it comes to her handbags! No compromises there.
9. Apparently, Drashti was offered a role in Singham 2. However, the actress feels she is not suitable for the silver screen. Albeit she will give a right arm to accept a role in the sequel of director Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Black. Who wouldn’t?
10. Beating the likes of Katrina Kaif, Deepika Padukone, Kareena Kapoor Khan and others, Drashti was named as the second Sexiest Asian Woman by a UK-based weekly newspaper in 2014.
Drashti is married to her longtime beau and businessman Neeraj Khemka. The couple tied the knot in 2015. (Sorry guys, she is taken!)
Stay tuned to BollywoodLife for the latest scoops and updates from Bollywood, Hollywood, South, TV and Web-Series.
Click to join us on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram. Also follow us on Facebook Messenger for latest updates.